Sunday 7 December 2008

Well I didn't read the last page / You thought of me at that final stage

I saw two absolutely astonishing things this weekend.

The first was on Friday night when I went to see a showcase of work by students at Rambert's St Margaret's school. The show was a packed ninety minutes of very short dance pieces (some of them works-in-progress, I suspect) ranging from classical costumed ballet to things more akin to physical theatre and maybe even standup comedy. I love dance and was frequently speechless by some of the performers. This spurred me to think about returning to my contemporary evening classes at Rambert in Chiswick and gave me a lot to think about regarding what I really honestly think physical theatre is.

The other was the Korean film Oldboy. You should probably see it too.

No comments: