Tuesday 11 November 2008

My mom says I'm cool

I've been listening to some exceptionally groovy music lately, partly because my iTunes shuffler has been behaving, but mostly because Jason left his CDs behind at the party on Saturday and I have been holding them for safe-keeping.

I've been spending more time than I should in the car ferreting myself between home and university, which is where I do most of my music-listening-to. I've found that if I make an Ace Mix CD, I always end up only listening to a few really super-favourite tracks on it, but that if I bring in a proper album I'll listen to the whole thing and get a better appreciation of songs in their intended context rather than mixed in with other random songs I like. So it seems that the secret to excellence lies in albums, not compilations.

This probably applies to other things in life, but I'm too tired to think of any stimulating examples and you wouldn't be interested anyway. I just had a massive dinner with some chums and I've got a busy day of moving about tomorrow, so shut up.

No comments: