Tuesday 28 April 2009

Somewhere I can't be found / My little underground

Been relaxing a bit too much lately, and I've got to cram quite a lot of work into a short space of time. This is the kind of insanely stupid thing I'm really good at doing.

Had plenty of good times over the Easter break and beyond- sophisticated cocktail parties which left my flat full of limes, unsophisticated vomit-soaked parties, a trip to the tremendous London Zoo, hanging a pinata from a tree on Twickenham Green and alarming passers-by by smacking sweets out of it for Mark's 27th, Adil running the London Marathon, catching up with Annie after her six month self-imposed exile to the snowy mountains of France, watching Twin Peaks with Abi, eating plenty, moving bookcases, listening to chilled summer tunes, making an almighty mix CD of said tunes one day before the temperature drops massively and the rain sets in and finishing off the Harry Potter series which I started back in October or so, and have been reading between set books for uni.

Went to the V&A today for London Theatre as the Theatre Museum of Covent Garden has just moved it's exhibits there. After a brief talk from the exhibition's curator, we had a look around. It was weird how the most disparate things under the umbrella of 'performance' all seemed to come together and make sense- a smashed guitar of Pete Townsend's with the account books for a Victorian production of Midsummer Night's Dream next to one of Dame Edna Everidge's hats. It was good stuff, and I liked the museum tunnel that linked the building to South Ken station. Afterwards I nipped into the Japan section to have a look at Samurai armour, a couple of swords and bits and pieces (which served to remind me of museums in Kyoto and Tokyo, particularly the awesome Sword Museum in Shinjuku) before getting horribly lost on the way out and ending up at Harrod's where I decided to forgoe shopping, and jumped on the Piccadilly at Knightsbridge to get back to South Ken and Richmond, where my car was accumulating heavy costs in a rubbish car park.

No comments: