Saturday 4 April 2009

It's a cheeky holiday

I notice that the Japanese restaurant of choice, Makiyaki, has changed it's name and sign. This requires investigation.

A tiring but euphoric couple of days, finishing off The Visit on Thursday with great aplomb before a wobbly night out with the cast and associates in rubbish Twickenham. This meant I had four hours sleep before the warmup and lecture on Friday. Then went over for a BBQ with the YAT folks which was a nice pre-Easter celebration and now I can relax properly for the first time in a while.

The hideous Grand National seems to have made a few people happy, and I've finally caught up on Charlie Brooker's Screenwipe which, while it's smart and definately worth watching, just makes me think that he's having to spell out for a less-astute generation exactly what Chris Morris was saying with far more subtlety, wit and laughs back in 1994.

So, should be a good couple of weeks.

No comments: